Monday, April 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY FRIEND!


I meant to post this yesterday, but the day kind of got away from me.


Happy Birthday, Jenny Pen!


I am one of the few fortunate people in the world to truly have a best friend. She's not just merely my favorite friend... she's so much more.


We became friends in 8th grade (my favorite year in school). We were super close in 8th grade, and I always admired her faith and maturity - even at 12 and 13 years old.


We drifted apart in high school - boyfriends, different after school activities, etc... but even though we weren't as close as we were in 8th grade, I admired her. Her faith was a constant encouragement to me, even in years of not seeing her.


We became close again in college, and especially when planning my wedding.


We have shared a lot of life's milestones together. The past few years, they've usually been at a starbucks :-)


We met at Starbucks last night for her birthday, and had a FANTASTIC time.


Jennifer, thanks for being my best friend.


2 comments:

jennypen said...

I'm touched and teary. You mean the world to me and made my birthday very special! I'm so thankful to walk through this life with you by my side.

jennypen said...

You look radiant, by the way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails