Sunday, January 20, 2008

Even worse than painting paneling...


Painting siding! Outside!!! In the wind!!!! In 30 Degree weather!!!!!


At the risk of sounding overdramatic, I must say, short of something tragic happening or fighting in a war.... there is pretty much nothing I'd rather not do than what I did today. My back would hurt if I just stood for as long as I stood today - but today I stood on an unstable ladder, reaching up and behind me, with the wind blowing hard, PAINTING, and not doing a very good job of it either.


The worst part of it all is that this is only the PREP for the painting. This is only the primer, and the paint may even need two coats!!! UGH. How can people do this for a living?


I learned today that I will never buy a house again that needs exterior paint - or it at least needs to have a profit margin large enough to hire someone ELSE to paint it.


************************************************************************************




I didn't work alone though. Jarrod did an AWESOME job of sanding the eves to get ready for primer.





Phoebe didn't like being left alone inside :-(



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails