Sunday, August 31, 2008

25 weeks


I'm 25 weeks today. That means only 15 more weeks until we get to meet the little acrobat living in my belly.


Today at church, I excused myself during worship to use the restroom (which I have to do A LOT these days.) As I looked in the mirror, I noticed that I'm looking pretty pregnant. I imagined my little one all curled up in there, and got a little choked up thinking about it. He's already a little baby.

I can't wait to meet him, although he should wait a little while, because all he has are some outfits and a blanket! The grandmothers have been really good about shopping for him, so I'm pretty sure he already has more clothes than I do!

I actually broke down and bought him something the other day. I always go through the baby section and look, but I've never been able to actually buy anything. This particular outfit was calling me though. I picked it up and looked at it and put it down. I walked to another section, came back and looked at it again, and put it down. I went to check out (I was buying a fake wedding ring since my hands are swelling and I don't want to look like an unwed mother)... and after I checked out, I still went back. I figured if I went back that many times, I just need to buy the outfit. You can't tell how soft it is in the picture, but it's super snuggly and perfect for December weather. This may be the outfit he wears home :-)



Jarrod and I finally have our living arrangements figured out for next year (well, actually next week!) We have decided to hold off buying again until next year. Lots of reasons... we never actually found anything decent with the down payment that we can afford to do, and I don't know how much income I'll actually be bringing in while trying to work and raise a baby at the same time. We'll be able to comfortably feel out the situation and be in a better position to buy next year. It makes me a little sad to think I'm not going to be bringing home the baby to a house, but I am so thankful for being able to stay at home with the little one that I can't complain about anything.

The place is pretty cool though (above is a picture of the model of the unit we're getting), it's a brand new complex that is only about 40% occupied, so we are getting a great deal on the place. It's nice as far as apartments go, and it has the space we need for a nursery and an office. It's walking distance to a performance hall that Jarrod performs at regularly. There are some cool water features and neat places to walk as well as some retail around. I like that kind of atmosphere, so it will be fun.
It was a good feeling when we went inside the apartment yesterday, to go into his room and know that is where he is going to be living. That is where I'm going to put him to bed.

We're moving in Friday... and now I can think about decorating the nursery finally!!!!


4 comments:

GloryandGrace said...

How exciting! Even though you won't be buying as soon as you may have originally anticipated, it's good to know that you are at peace with where you will be for the next year. It seems like a great location, and that you couldn't ask for better in this season of your life.

I love your belly picture!! Makes me wish I could be there to hug you and experience this with you all the more :) My thoughts are with you everyday, dear friend~

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found a new place! It looks really pretty in the picture. I'll be glad to help move you after school on Friday or next weekend.

Janelle

April Pier said...

Love the new pic!! My one regret is that we didn't get any good belly pics of me before Michael got here.

By the way, we're talking about heading that way soon. Nothing final yet. Will keep you posted!!

jennypen said...

I can't wait to see your son in that cute little outfit. ~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails