(I guess something was really funny)
We still have a lot of work left to do on the nursery. All that's been done so far is clearing it out, and putting the glider in. This is what it looked like a few weeks ago:
Yikes!! we actually managed to find a place for all of that stuff though. We just need to get rid of a table, a TV stand, store a mattress and store a garden hose thingy somewhere and we'll be all ready to paint! Here's the room now. I love that little nook to put the glider and rock the baby :-)
This is the wall that the changing table/dresser combo (which we haven't picked out or purchased yet) will go. I think we'll get rid of the charcoal, too.
As for the "theme" for the nursery, I owe it all to my best friend.I have looked for hours and hours and hours and hours online for baby bedding, and never found anything that I really liked - and what I wanted was really simple to: blue and brown with some stripes somewhere. The problem is that we're not going to use a bumber, and you have to buy everything in a set for the most part and I don't want to pay multiple hundreds of dollars for something when I'm going to only use two out of the four pieces. So I decided to make the bedding. I was nervous about it though, because I don't know how to sew and I didn't quite know how I was going to pull it off. Then I went over to Jennifer's one day and gave me a restoration hardware catalog (somewhere I hadn't even thought about looking, and it never came up in my google searches.) I LOVED THEIR BEDDING!!!!!!!!!!! And they sold it in separate pieces!! Restoration Hardware is ridiculously expensive though - so we just got a bed skirt and a comforter from there, and hopefully the color is basic enough we'll be able to match it for other things.