Saturday, November 1, 2008


Last night was a fun night. Jarrod got called to play with the Dallas Symphony, and the concert was just fun! It was "Around the world with Walt Disney." The highlights of the program for me were The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King. They projected scenes from the movie on a screen above the orchestra as they played.

I know I have a degree in music, and I really do love listening to the greatest classical works being performed by a world class symphony (especially when my husband is playing)... but I have to admit, I was more excited about this "Pops" concert than any other "real" concert he's done. Is that really bad of me? I guess I'm not as cultured as I thought. Although, I do think I would take Mahler'S 5th Symphony, or Strauss' Ein Heldenleben over this concert (both of which were performed last month, and both of which we thought at one point Jarrod might have the chance of playing.)

There was a costume contest, and I was expecting to see a lot of kids dressed up. I was disappointed that there weren't more kids. I guess they'd rather go trick or treating than go to the symphony. Go figure. I did see quite a few elderly people decked out in their orange socks, and Halloween hats, scarfs, and earrings though!!




I almost made it a whole post without mentioning the baby in any way!

But, this is the first day that I get to say, as Jennifer reminded me yesterday:


I AM HAVING A BABY NEXT MONTH!!!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails