So tonight Jarrod and I thought "whoa, this might be our last weekend as just the two of us." A friend had two extra Mavs tickets, so we decided to go. We have a DART rail station right by our apartment, so we took the train to Mockingbird station, got off and had some starbucks, then went on to the American Airlines Center.
***Let me pause right here and say how blessed and grateful I am that I, in my 39th week of pregnancy, feel good enough to go on a morning walk with Phoebe, then show houses to clients all morning, then go to a park with Jarrod and Phoebe and watch them run around, then walk to the rail line, ride the rail all the way downtown, walk around mockingbird station, then sit at a Mavs game for a few hours (after walking halfway around the Stadium looking for a french fry vendor), walk back to the station, walk home from the station, get our puppy and take her on a long walk. I am a very lucky giant pregnant lady!!***
Anyway, the DART was interesting. Let me share a few of the highlights:
1. A blind man getting on the train and sitting on someone already seated
2. A man with a Honeydew melon in his lap, rubbing and patting it
3. A man much taller than Jarrod with very long hair and pink fingernails making scary faces at himself in the reflection
4. A strange lady coming up to me asking for one of my Starbursts-Requesting not to have the Red, or the Orange - she wanted green, but settled for yellow.
5. A very excited and loud African American fellow asking the other African American passengers if they were excited about having "a black president."
I did briefly think after we got on the DART, what would happen if my water broke, or I went in to labor while at the Mavs game or on the train. That would have been a story to remember.
All in all, Jarrod and I had a very nice last Saturday (probably). I think the Mavericks might have been playing the Hawks. I wasn't paying too much attention.