Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day



We all know Levi is not a big talker, up until this mother's day weekend his vocabulary has been:

Bath
Ball
Bubble
Apple
Kroger
Cracker
Tuba
huhuuuuh (what a donkey says)
mmm (what a cow says)
RAAA (what a Tiger says)
and his favorite, DA DEEEEEEEE (daddy, huge emphasis on the last syllable)
There may be a few I'm missing, but that's pretty much it.

I've been waiting patiently, and appropriately, Levi added another word to his vocabulary this weekend:

MOMMA!!!!

Every time he would try to say mamma before, he would put his lips together (like he does for the cow sound), but then end up saying mmmmba, or mmmmpa.

Really though, Levi? Saying Kroger, Bubble, and Tuba before momma? I guess he was waiting for this weekend.

The best came yesterday though as we were playing blocks. He stopped his stacking, put his block down, looked at me, said "momma" and gave me a hug. Then kept hugging me for the next few minutes. One of the happiest moments ever.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails