Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Phoenix and The Paris


Last week we officially moved out our house. It was a good house, I enjoyed it... but I am not going to miss it. I cried when we sold the house before this one. I cringe at the thought of renting again... but I'm thinking of it as more of a "vacation."

We are renting at an apartment that we have lived in before. It's a very "trendy" place near SMU. We wanted to be near SMU, since Jarrod is not going to be able to practice in an apartment the way he could at the house. He will be at SMU a few times a day, so the closer the better.

We are in a one bedroom (we lost 1,000 square feet!). It feels good to simplify though. We have most of our stuff in storage, and brought the essentials. It's been nice to live near Mockingbird Station again. Mockingbird station is a cute little shopping center with restaurants, main stream shops like the Gap, Victoria Secret, Anne Taylor... but it has some pretty unique boutiques as well, and of course, the Angelika theatre. Jarrod and I like to walk over there (good thing the business center at the apartment has good free coffee, otherwise the short walk to Starbucks would obliterate our profit from the house :-)



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In other news... Jarrod and I are planning on going here on Tuesday:


That's the closest I could get Jarrod to Paris! :-) It wasn't too hard convincing him that we needed a nice vacation to Las Vegas. We are staying at the Paris, so I am super excited about that. We actually got two free nights there from his Uncle and we are staying one extra night. We can fly stand by for really cheap because Jarrod's grandpa is retired from American Airlines... but the flights that we booked already look really full.

I'm so excited about this trip, and this final vacation with my husband as just the two of us... but I must say a little part of me is hoping that the flights ARE all full. I HATE flying, and am already stressed about it. I'll be happy with whatever happens. Although, I don't think I'm going to be too happy if we get STUCK in Vegas.

3 comments:

GloryandGrace said...

Oh, your trip sounds so much fun!!! How appropriate for the two of you to go to The Paris :) Be sure to take lots of fun pictures!

Oh, and I had SO MUCH FUN talking to you on the PHONE this week! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys have a great time on your babymoon!

-Janelle

jennypen said...

I can't wait to see photos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails