Monday, March 9, 2009

Levi turns three months old!!!

Dear Levi,

Today you turn three months old. I know it's cliche to say this... but I can't believe three months have passed since I met you, and at the same time I feel like I've known you my whole life.

Your daddy and I love to take you and Phoebe out for walks. You'll learn one day that often times life's little circumstances can cause you to miss out on the big picture. While on these family walks, life's circumstances and difficulties disappear. I'm not thinking about how much money is in our bank account, or how I am going to manage this or that. While I'm on those walks, I realize that I already have everything that I've ever wanted. I have my husband by my side, my adorable puppy dog, and you - my perfect baby boy. Nothing else in the world matters.

This month was full of new places for you. You went to visit your Grandparents in New Braunfels for the first time, you went to Longview where your Daddy got to play "An American in Paris." You went to your first pizza party with all your friends from church (which was your first time at a restaurant), you went to your first birthday party at a bowling alley. You went to your first coffee shop. You have taken your first naps in your crib. You have also made some exciting new discoveries. You have learned all about your hands, and realized that you can suck on them! You've discovered your spit and have decided that you'd much rather share it with all of us than swallow it.

You tricked us into thinking you were going to start sleeping through the night. You had three nights where you slept for almost eight hours in a row, but decided you liked it better when you were waking up during the night. You like to sleep for around six and a half hours, then you're ready for your early morning meal. Then, no matter what time your woke up last, you usually like to wake up at around 8:15. You wake us up by talking and laughing. We get you out of your co-sleeper and we play smiling games until you fall back to sleep a few minutes later.

You know what makes you smile more than anything? Your Daddy's voice! It doesn't matter what mood you're in, when you hear that deep voice saying "boy boy" your whole face lights up. He tries not to gloat about the fact that his voice gets more of a response than mine does... but I can see in his eyes that he is beyond thrilled with himself that his voice triggers so much joy inside of his little boy.

You know, Levi, you are the reason I was born. If that's all I ever accomplish, it's enough. I was born to give you life, and it is my desire that your life be filled with joy and security. Not joy in things, or in circumstances - but the joy that comes from the big picture, the eternal perspective. The knowledge of your Savior and the joy that only He can bring. I pray that he reveals himself to you through your Daddy and I, and that you will follow in your Daddy's footsteps and become a man of God.

I love you, my little guy. Don't be in a hurry to grow up, okay?

Mommy


2 comments:

jennypen said...

Very sweet note, Stef. Your little boy started off cute but gets even cuter every time I see him. You have some really good pictures of your family.

Happy Three Months, Levi!

You Little O Wife said...

Your letters are always so sweet, I love reading them. Levi is too cute. I can't believe he's already 3 months old!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails